Aquatic Physiotherapy (AP) is the specific practice of physiotherapy in a warm (34°C) hydrotherapy pool.
You will be thoroughly assessed by your physio to determine your problems, your goals and your medical safety. You are also well supervised by your physio, who is in the pool with you for the entire session.
Benefits to you include:
- pain relief
- ease of movement
- increased flexibility
- muscle relaxation
- graduated strength program
- graduated and measurable partial weight bearing (for leg injuries)
- cardiovascular fitness
- low impact weight loss
AP is an excellent form of rehabilitation for many different conditions including:
- joint replacement
- sports injuries
- muscle, bone and joint injuries
- neck and back pain
- great for before and after orthopaedic surgery, e.g. shoulder surgery
- You do not need a medical referral to attend AP and you do not need to be able to swim.