Fusion Occupational Physiotherapy Services
Fusion seeks to establish a working relationship with pro-active local businesses to more effectively manage injured and potentially injured workers. Through improved access, communication and mutual understanding it is proposed that occupational physiotherapy services can result in a reduction in lost-time hours and the extent of employee injuries.
Potentially the benefits are numerous, with the key areas including:
- Reduction in injury rates through early management, improved screening and greater emphasis on preventative interventions.
- Reduction in lost time injury with improved access and co-ordinated early return to a safe work environment.
- Improved staff health and wellbeing, increasing productivity and employee engagement.
- Improved communication between therapists, workers and workplaces.
Fusion Physiotherapy has extensive experience at managing injury and pain, particularly amongst work forces. Fusion Physiotherapy can manage injured workers either as Pre - Workcover claims for minor complaints or as WorkCover claims for more extensive problems.
Communication channels can be enhanced through development of a professional working relationship between the business and the service providers.
Further benefits can develop including;
- Fast access to assessment (same day) with experienced practitioners for accurate diagnosis to establish prognosis and management plan
- Prompt liaison with management and medical practitioner as required – streamlined care for workers
Employee Assistance Programs
Pro-active and supportive workplaces may choose to offer employees access to health services such as physiotherapy. Injuries or pain that have developed outside of the work environment may still influence the worker’s productivity and capacity. Allowing access to health services enhances recovery undoubtedly benefiting the employee and therefore the business itself.
Early Intervention Physiotherapy
Minor complaints can be managed following an assessment in a Pre- Workcover capacity (3-4 physio sessions). Workers injured within the course of their employment may be able to be managed with appropriate early intervention. Responsive conditions need not progress to a Workcover claim or require any lost work time. Insurance premiums and cost to the business should therefore be reduced as a result.
Recruitment of staff can include a physical assessment to identify suitability and potential problem areas. Development of an appropriate pre-employment physical assessment can include consultation with business managers, allowing modification to include work specific tasks. Screenings can be coordinated with medical assessments
Typically, the physical assessment will look at movement, strength, functional tasks, lifting and some form of fitness test. Details can be adapted to suit business needs. Costs are dependent on time required to complete.
A physiotherapist can attend on site to assist in a number of occupational health initiatives:
- RTW planning - identifying appropriate tasks, staged returns to full capacity, safe and effective implementation of work roles.
- Hazard Identification – reviewing work roles and assist in minimising musculo-skeletal demands where possible
- Ergonomic Assessments - Workstation Assessments
- Manual Handling training/ problem-solving